Employees form an integral part of the company as they help it thrive with their hard work and skills. Hence, every business must take care of the demands and needs of its employees. The department that handles the company’s human resources is known as the Human Resource Department. It is one of the most crucial parts of any organisation where Human Resource Managers actively shape a company’s corporate policies. BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) in Human Resource Management course is designed to upskill students in managing human resources.
Find out more about BBA in Human Resource Management in India in detail below.
What is BBA in Human Resource Management?
BBA (Bachelor of Business Administration) in Human Resource Management is a three-year undergraduate course. It imparts knowledge in human resource management-related fields such as employee relations, remuneration, recruitment, training, career planning, etc. The course is suitable for candidates who are looking for jobs in human resource departments. As companies shift their focus from asset management to human resource management, BBA in Human Resource Management is a lucrative career for young individuals.
BBA in Human Resource Management: Key Details
Here are some key details about the BBA in HRM course:
- Full form: Bachelor of Business Administration in Human Resource Management
- Level: Undergraduate
- Course Duration: Three years
- Type of Exam: Semester
- Eligibility criteria: Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Selection Process: Entrance Exam based/ Merit-based
- Average Course Fee: INR 4-7 lakhs
- Job Prospects: HR Manager, HR Coordinator, IT Recruiter, Talent Acquisition Manager, Admin Executive, etc.
- Average Salary: INR 3-5 lakhs per annum
Benefits of pursuing BBA in Human Resource Management
BBA in Human Resource Management is a lucrative career option that helps students learn about managing human resource departments. Here are some benefits of pursuing the course:
- BBA in Human Resource Management is one of the best courses to establish a career in HR departments of renowned companies. The BBA Human Resource Management salary in India range between INR 3-5 lakhs.
- After completing the course, you can pursue a career in banks, companies and enterprises, MNCs and other areas.
- You can also pursue higher studies after BBA in HRM like Master of Business Administration, Postgraduate Diploma in Management, Master of Management Studies, etc.
What is the qualification requirement for doing BBA in Human Resource Management in India?
While the eligibility criteria for BBA in HRM may vary with colleges, the common eligibility requirements are as follows:
- Candidates must have completed their 10+2 from a recognised board with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Most colleges require students to score the required cut-off marks in entrance exams such as IPU CET (Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test), DU JAT (Delhi University Joint Admission Test), NPAT (National Test for Programs after Twelfth), etc.
BBA in Human Resource Management: Syllabus
BBA in Human Resource Management course duration is three years with a syllabus spread over six semesters. Below is the semester-wise BBA syllabus:
BBA in Human Resource Management: First year
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Principles and Practices of Management||Morale and Motivation|
|Business Laws, Business Ethics and Ethos||Business Communication Skills|
|Performance Appraisal||Compensation Management|
|–||Organisation Theory and Behaviour|
BBA in Human Resource Management: Second year
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Discipline and Disciplinary Procedure||Fundamentals of Computers|
|Corporate Law||Leadership and Legal Aspects of Management|
|Managerial Economics||Employee Growth and Development Training|
|Management Information Systems||–|
BBA in Human Resource Management: Third year
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Grievance and Grievance Procedure||Statistics for Management and Organisation and Management|
|Group and Group Dynamics||Research Methodology|
|Human Resource Management, Human Resource Planning and Selection Policy||Project work|
BBA in Human Resource Management: Admission Process
Admissions to BBA HRM vary with colleges and are offered based on the candidate’s score in the entrance exam or based on the academic score. Here’s how you can get admission into BBA-HRM:
- Entrance exam-based
Admission to BBA through entrance exams requires candidates to obtain the score desired by the college. The candidates who clear the cut-off marks are then called for counseling sessions. Once seats are allotted, candidates have to visit the college and fulfill other requirements of the admission process. Some of the entrance exams for BBA admissions are IPU CET, DU JAT, NMIMS, NPAT, etc.
Merit-based admissions to BBA are based on the marks scored by the candidates in their 10+2. Candidates are required to check the merit list of the desired colleges to find out if they are eligible for admission to the course. If yes, they can visit the college and submit the required documents and fulfill other formalities.
BBA in Human Resource Management Jobs
BBA in Human Resource Management graduates can seek employment in the following sectors:
- Educational Institutes
- Local governments
- Employment Services
Some of the job prospects for BBA in Human Resource Management graduates and BBA Human Resource Management salary in India are as follows:
|Job Role||Average Salary (per annum)|
|Human Resource Manager||INR 7-9 lakhs|
|Personnel Manager||INR 3-2 lakhs|
|Employee Relations Manager||INR 4-6 lakhs|
|HR Executive||INR 3-5.5 lakhs|
|Quality Assurance/ Quality Control Manager||INR 11-15 lakhs|
BBA in Human Resources Management: Top Colleges
Due to the growing popularity of BBA in Human Resource Management and demand for skilled professionals in the field, many colleges offer the course in India. Some of the top BBA in Human Resource Management colleges in India are as follows:
- Presidency University, Bangalore
- Oxford College of Business Management, Bangalore
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- Manipal University, Manipal
- D. Goenka University, School of Management
- Jain University, Bangalore
- School of Business, Dehradun
- SRM University, Chennai
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Symbiosis International University, Delhi
- DY Patil Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Xavier’s College, Mumbai
What are the best courses after BBA in Human Resource Management?
After completing your BBA in Human Resource Management, you can pursue higher education courses such as:
- MBA (Master of Business Administration), All streams
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management
- Master of Management Studies
- Master in Advertising
- Postgraduate Diploma in Banking
- Master in Finance Management
- Certification courses in Foreign Languages
- Masters in Digital Marketing, etc.
BBA in Human Resource Management is an excellent choice for students who wish to excel in the human resource field. The course offers various career choices with lucrative salaries. But before deciding to pursue BBA, you must research the best BBA in Human Resource Management colleges in India, their admission process, and eligibility criteria to avoid hassles.
Sunstone is committed to helping you build the future you envision. They strive to connect learning and career growth with better opportunities through a fluid skill-development experience.
By pursuing BBA from Sunstone, you can become future-ready with their upskilling modules. Along with traditional higher education, you can explore your prospects in diverse career tracks while being part of the thriving digital community of students.
For more information about BBA in Human Resource Management, you can visit sunstone.in.