The iPhone X is finally here for sale, but should you really buy the ‘most expensive’ flagship smartphone on sale? Well, for starters, iPhone X was announced with iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 plus way back in September. Tech enthusiasts were enthralled because the device promised a lot more than your standard iPhone. Of course, there’s the huge price point of $999 for the base variant, which is the highest ever for an iPhone. With the local taxes and import costs included, iPhone X can cost much higher in some regions.
Here are some of the quick facts at a glance.
- Well, this is Apple iPhone X, which marks the 10th anniversary of the device, and hence the name ‘X’, which is ‘ten’ in Roman. If you are someone who likes performance over anything else on the surface, it’s important to note that iPhone X is very similar to iPhone 8 Plus in that department. Both feature Apple’s A11 6-core Bionic processor. Much like the other two devices launched with it, iPhone X is dust and water resistant.
- The first thing you would probably notice in an iPhone X is the screen. In a first, Apple has included an OLED screen for an iPhone, and the results are stunning to say the least. The screen covers the entire frontal surface of the phone, except for the small sliver on the forehead, which has the frontal camera and other sensors. Yes, there’s no home button anymore – Instead, just swipe from the bottom of the screen, and you are home.
- Well, no more Touch ID on iPhone. Apple is not done with biometrics through. The iPhone X features Face ID, which unlocks the device by detecting the face of the user. The front-facing cameras, including an infrared camera, will be used for that. Also, Apple has promised that the cameras will adapt to your face changes, and yes, it works when you have your eyeglasses on.
- Did you know that iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus, have support for Qi wireless charging? Apple will launch a wireless charging mat soon, according to insiders. Also, you will need to invest in a fast-charging wire for iPhone X, if you wish to charge your device by 50% in just 30 minutes – Apple has promised that. iPhone X doesn’t fit into any of the existing iPhone cases, so you also need a new case.
- Finally, let’s talk of the price. iPhone X comes for a staggering price of Rs. 89,000 in India, unless you find a discount online. On the other hand, iPhone 8 price in India is around Rs. 77,000 for the 256GB variant.
For the price point, iPhone X is expensive, but it’s also worth the wait. Grab your device now!